National Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, Inc. represents since its foundation (Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases in 1979), the base of postgraduate education of physicians and nurses within Slovak Medical University. Dominant position of our institute in Slovak cardiovascular medicine is reflected in the fact, that NICVD accommodates four academic units of Slovak Medical University, that provide expert training of medical doctors and nurses in particular fields.
Academic units include:
- Clinic of cardiology and angiology (including sub-unit of angiology) – head of the clinic: Prof. Igor Riečanský MD.,CSc.
- Clinic of Cardiac Surgery – head of the clinic Prof. Viliam Fischer MD., CSc.
- Clinic of Vascular Surgery – head of the clinic Prof. Vladimír Šefránek MD., PhD.
Slovak Society of Vascular Surgery of Slovak Medical Society
Vascular surgeons, angiologists, vascular radiologists and other physicians who are interested in vascular diseases within Slovak Republic are associated in Slovak Society of Vascular Surgery (SSVS). The present headquarter of SSVS is in NICVD, Inc. due to the fact that its president (prof. Vladimír Šefránek MD, PhD.) and other two commitee members are employed in Clinic of Vascular Surgery.
Slovak Society of Cardiology
Slovak Society of Cardiology (SSC) is voluntary, non-governmental, independent civil association. As professional and scientific association it plays important role in the growth of professional level of cardiology. Associated members are involved in prevention, diagnostics, therapy and basic research of cardiovascular diseases. Its headquarter is in NICVD, Inc.
Cardio-club is the association of patients with cardiovascular diseases from Bratislava region. They intend to meet patient roommates, physicians and other medical personnel to continue their further education on CV risk factors. They use to practice physical activity, rehabilitation and fitness on regular basis as well as they attend different cultural events.
Ivan Lehotský, chairman, tel.: 0902 488 146
Mgr.Tatiana Jakubcová, secretary: Lazaretská 5, 811 08 Bratislava
Cooperation within SR
- European Society of Vascular Surgery
- AIVS - Association of International Vascular Surgeons
- Cardiovascular Center, Aalst, Belgium
- Catharina Hospital, Department of Cardiology, Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Institute of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic
- University Hospital of St. Anne, Brno, Czech Republic
- Institute of Heart Diseases, University Hospital Skopje, Macedonian Republic